Thursday, January 24, 2013

We're full term people!!


Life has been pretty good being pregnant,  and up until this week, I have often lovingly dreamt of the time that we'll get to hold Landon and actually have him out of me and at home.  However, now that I am considered "full term" the thought has never been so real and exciting yet partially terrifying at the same time:)  It could literally happen any time- and although I am convinced it won't be happening for a couple weeks, the reality of that phrase "any time" is a bit nerve racking.  I am trying to just enjoy the last weeks of being pregnant- all the little somersaults, body-waves, and rolls that he does throughout the day and focus on getting some sleep and a few last things checked off my to do list.

I decided that i won't get another chance like this and so I really wanted to enjoy it and I started  maternity leave a couple weeks early.  This has been my official first week off and it has been glorious.  After Christmas break I went back to work for a week and boy was I exhausted!! That week also gave me a lovely, hacking cold and some large, tingly, swollen ankles-which were fun tyring to fit into shoes.  But from there, I have completely embraced my "leave" and enjoyed it immensely.  I've had several people ask me what I do all day...which i think is hilarious!  I normally work 5 days a week and rarely have time or let alone days to get "other" things done-things that I've been wanting to do for a long time, so that's what I am doing.  I am learning to sew and finally got my sewing machine out and finished hemming curtains for Landon's room, I have gone on walks, played with my mom, cleaned Landon's room, washed all his clothes, packed our hospital bag, dined out with friends and family, organized our home, dust & vacuum, made yummy freezer meals, tried new recipes, ate more ice cream, UN set my alarm clock, organized freezer & food storage, read books about babies, wrote letters, got a massage, and put my feet up often without feeling an ounce of guilt!  I know that many of these activities will be taking a back seat for awhile when Landon arrives and I feel lucky to have the time to do them now...what would you do if you had a couple weeks free time??

On January 5, my mom, Liz, and Lisa Bodner threw me a baby shower, which was so fun and lovely to chat and be with everyone!  Lisa Hosted it at her house and it was so beautiuflly decorated and stocked full of delish food that I just wanted to keep eating regardless of my stomach size being about as big as a golf ball!  We had a "Create a Onesie for Landon" station that exceeded all expectations because people are so very talented and creative.




Some ladies making the onesies

The amazing onesies everyone created

The Hooter Hider...its a good time

Rain Boots, are you kidding me :)

12 months Halloween Monster Costume

Best Bib Award....Bachelor!!

JUst some highlights of the Shower and some of the FABULOUS gifts that I received...I couldn't believe the great generosity of everyone..THANK YOU SO MUCH :)

 Also, my friend Grace, at graciejphotography.wordpress.com, took some maternity pictures for us!  Now as much as we wanted to do the whole weird "naked maternity" pictures like you see on Pinterest, we decided against it! ha ha ha jk

NOT attractive




U/S in back pocket






Just some of our favorite pictures.  Thank you Grace for preserving some moments from our first pregnancy!
Well we are over 38 weeks and I've had some Braxon Hicks going on periodically and I'm really starting to feel that its harder to move, but overall,  I feel pretty good!  We can't wait to meet this lovey boy and to learn and grow with him :)


5 comments:

Sue said...

I love the ones of your belly poking out from behind the tree! So cute! And why do people ask what you do all day anyway? You're about to have a baby and you should definitely do whatever the heck you want right now! So excited for you!

Neals said...

We enjoy the pictures. Jason likes the picture in the back pocket idea. He probably just wants a picture of his own butt. haha So excited for baby!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love, love . . . the photo of Russ kissing your noggin! Very sweet! As it did when I talked to you at your baby shower, it makes me cry to think that less than a year ago, you guys were rousting support for your IVF carnival - and here you are - the THREE of you! I heart Stotts big time, and I can't wait to meet your wee tiny Landon. Time flies . . . and in no time the Mutual girls (who are being born now!) will be calling him Hottie Stottie! Embrace every moment, Mom and Dad.

byumomof4 said...

I am so excited for you to have your little man!!! I LOVE your pics... and I am SO SORRY I missed your party!!! We were out of town :(
I love the onesies!!! Congratulations on being full term!!!
It is totally ok to be SO excited and terrified all at once... I felt that each time ;)
You can totally do this--- and it will be amazing and wonderful :) and then you will have the cutest little man ever! Enjoy :)

Kirsten said...

I'm so excited to hear about the arrival of this little guy! The pics were so cute! You're a cute pregnant mama! Good luck with it all! Miss you!