Sunday, December 16, 2012

The new normal

Pregnancy has a tendency, I'm learning and have been told, to do funny things with your memory, desires, and most obviously, body!  I am 32  1/2 weeks and I can't beleive that we are here.  I'm sure I say that at every week, "i can't beleive we're closer to 40 weeks!" But its true.  My running joke is that I'm 8 months pregnant  in the front and about 7 months in the back...everything just gets rounder, But I love it,  it's so Great!!  I am happy to have a break from work though, I've been awfully tired.  I have 3 weeks off for Christmas Break, then go back for a little bit before maternity leave!!
32 1/2 weeks.. :)

Oh, Tannenbaum (sp) i love our tree!
 I've heard of some funny stories of other people's mishaps whilst pregnant, and have experienced a few myself.  While in an IFSP meeting, an IEP mtg for children under 5, with other professionals, case worker, Speech Path., Family workers, Parents, and co- workers, I was addressing a concern the parent had about bus transportation our program provides for his daughter.  As I was talking about the area in which the buses travel through, "traffic" can be throw off schedules and times, etc.  However, instead of saying the word  traffic, the word, " Laundry" came out instead- making this sentence completely amazing.."We have to be aware that with so much "LAUNDRY", during the pick up and drop off times, we have to allow extra time for the bus drivers to make the stops."  Oh good, Laundry is one of those things that can really Jam up traffic....What?  The group of people just kinda looked at me and said, "what?"  I turned a little red and realized my mistake and said what I meant to say, Traffic.  We started laughing and my friend just said, "Wow, pregnancy brain huh?"  Apparently my unfinished laundry at home was concerning my subconscious.

Its funny how often random words/phrases have so naturally come out of my mouth these days... but even funnier when your 4 yr old nephew says them.  While visiting my in-laws for Thanksgiving, Russell's sister Britney has some very juicy, cute kids..among her three kiddos, Colten the 4 year old, says the best things!  So one morning I got up and he was sitting on the couch playing games on Russell's tablet.  As I came into the room, still in my pajamas, a big sweatshirt and SANS a bra, we kinda snuggled together.  While he didn't take his eyes off the screen too much, he apparently was pretty observant...as the story goes on.  Later on that same day, after showering and putting on ALL my clothes and undergarments, Colten, without the Tablet snuggled on my lap and just chatted with me.  During our conversation he paused mid-sentence, pointed at my chest and said, "Aunt Brie, did your babies move up?" I almost peed myself I was laughing so hard.  Apparently my baby is special because instead of "dropping" he Moved up and then because two babies!  It became the joke of the week, It was hilarious!! Thank you Colten for that choice experience.  Isn't it amazing what a good Bra can do :)

Pregnancy has not only brought funny experiences and stories, but it has me 'Nesting' like crazy...just building a little home for Landon with sticks and spit...I have been borderline obsessed with creating a lovely little space for him in his room that he shares with our computer, printer, books, food storage, and every other random thing.  However, I feel like I'm finally conquering it and I'm happy with the results :)  My friend Brandee helped me pick out paint, Jodi and Jason helped us paint the vertical grey stripes + 1 chartreuse strip, family and friends have given us some baby basics and goodwill and Ikea have helped with all the other stuff.  So thank you everyone!!  I"ll get some pics up- the colors are grey, cerulean blue, chartreuse, white and brown/natural. 
The flash kinda makes the strips look less grey than they are..we're missing some other pictures too



Also, I wanted to get a shout out to my BFF Kirstin and her Hubby Travis, who are expecting TWINS!!! They've been on this road to parenthood longer than us with more ups and downs, but are finally here!  We're so excited that our little ones will be able to be BFFs, college roomeys, or mission companions one day, just like Kirstin and I have planned since our BYUH days :)  Not sure Travis is in on that plan...

And our good friends, Monica and Dave Munson,  who are growing another one of Landon's bffs and are due in June!!  We are so happy for them both :)

Well, I hope everyone has a happy holiday!  I love Christmas time and the Spirit that it brings.  Landon likes it too already because he's always dancing to the Christmas music I have playing..especially NSYNC Christmas, who doesn't love that?!!  This time of year reminds me to reflect a littlt more on the many blessings i enjoy.  I'm so grateful for our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ who are acutely aware of each of us and are interested and involved in the tiny details of our lives.  How blessed we are to have relationships with each of them and know they care about us.  I pray that amidst all the bad and evil in the world, that we can stand for Good and be a light for others, especially during this Season. 
Merry Christmas!!


5 comments:

monica said...

Pshhh we are due in APRIL and will shot ourselves if I am still pregnant in June :) buuuuut ps, I need to get with it and make the official online announcement, but Landon's going to have a BFF and not a girlfriend! A very manly BFF at that :) yay!

Kirsten said...

You're such a cute pregnant lady! I can't wait to see pics of this adorable little boy! Karin is having a boy too! Woohoo!

Sue said...

I can't believe you are getting so close! Can't wait to see the little guy.

julie said...

I am so incredibly happy for you. You look so good and are practically radiating. I love Landon's room and his name (we almost named Tyler that). We can't wait to see pictures of him when he gets here. We'll continue to keep you in our prayers that everything continues to go well.

andrea tafolla said...

I used the phrase on while pregnant on easter trick or caroling... you know easter egg hunting... either which way... lol the best was when I wouod forget words while talking to my patients at the state hospital and was told wow and they think I'm crazy.... lol