Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Overachiever??

8 weeks tomorrow!!  I wanted to wait to write this post until after we had our Dr. appt yesterday.  We went in for a check up and to see how the baby was progressing and to ascertain if there was a second baby.  Well, we still have one healthy baby growing strong and the second was not a baby, it is a little mass of fluid that is not interfering with our baby.  Its amazing how much bigger it has grown.  From week 4, the size of a poopyseed and now almost week 8, measuring the size of a blueberry.  When the Dr was checking things out in the u/s, he stated that we were at 7 weeks 5 days but the baby was measuring at at least 8 weeks...i thought I was really funny and announced that our baby is just an overachiever-Russ and i laughed- but apparently we were the only ones...that's funny right? :)  Anywho, we heard the heartbeat again and it was fabulous- beating so fast at 163bpm.  Woo hoo!  We're so proud of this little guy just growing away!

On the flip side, I've been so tired and nauseated and laying on the couch a lot- my question is to all you moms out there...how the heck do you get through the nausea if you have a job or other kids at home?  YOu are seriously so impressive.  I am on summer break and no kids-i'm super lucky!  But mothers are Rock Stars, I have an even greater respect for you :)

I spoke with the Dr about my pre-natal vitamins making me sick and so i'm taking a week off from them-per Dr orders- to see if how I feel.  It's a little better already!

Here is a picture of the latest u/s.  Less clear but so much bigger.  The Dr said it was looking so good and the sac was great and healthy! 

10 comments:

Kelli Ward said...

So excited for you guys. Just an FYI about prenatal vitamins. Mine made me sick too so I was told that I could take two childrns chewable flinstones everyday instead. A lifesaver for me.

Dan said...

Not sure the overachiever joke was funny but you know what is funny? Your baby measuring at the size of a "poopyseed" at week 4. Ha Ha Ha! Keep up the good work you two!

Stephanie Sass said...

Yahoo! My first baby, I tried everything and wasn't able to take prenatals regularly. With the second, I got gummy prenatals and those worked really. I was still sick, all 40 weeks, but so worth it!

Brie said...

flintstone vitamins are a great idea..the dr mentioned that might be an option! good advice, thanks :)

Jamie Harris said...

This is so exciting Brie! A very wise friend of mine told me to take my prenatal pill at night. It made me less nauseous. Worth a try! Hope you are feeling well other than all the things that come with pregnancy :).

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

I don't take vitamins when pregnant because I'm also miserable from all-day nausea. I try to get my vitamins from good food sources. My stomach just can't take any pill. Even when I'm desperate to take away the headache the Tylenol seems to upset my nausea too. I wear the Sea Bands for nausea from Target and it seems to help a little. My last blog post sums up how I deal: http://www.kkhartley.blogspot.com/

jenny maguire said...

I was sick as a dog and soooo fatigued with Clara. I tried everything to fight my all day nausea and throwing up and found that ginger helps (a little.) You can buy sugar coated dried ginger in the bulk section of most health food sections of stores like Fred Meyer. I would chew that first thing in the morning and also ate lots of saltines. I was told after-the-fact that taking a B6 supplement can help. You might Google that and see. I feel your pain - definitely not fun but it means everything is working the way it should so it's a good sign :-) And, on the bright side, it doesn't mean that every pregnancy will be that way - I had a much different experience with my son, thankfully, because with a 1-year-old to keep up with there was no time for feeling overly fatigued!

Kristie said...

awesome Brie! and your comment was totally funny, obviously pearls before swine, there.. I hate the nausea. Some people feel a lot better on the promethazyne, but it never did a dang thing for me. my third pregnancy, I finally got the good stuff (zofran) and it helped. I was still throwing up, but not nearly as much. Ask for it. There's a generic now, so it's not 20$ a pill anymore! :) love you and thanks for the update! we are still praying for you guys. xoxo

Your Mom said...

Flinstones plus Iron is what I did. Screw those stoopid horse pills!!! And....the joke WAS funny.

Kim Keyes said...

Brie I had to take the vitamins at night before I went to sleep to avoid them making me sick. I was also constantly hot, tired and sick all day for the first 3 mos. :)