Friday, July 20, 2012

11 weeks and Thriving!!

It's been a few weeks since I posted- we've been on a vacation and part of it has been because I'm just exhausted and didn't want to get on the computer, but I'm back.  I probably will be posting every other week for awhile because there isn't much going on, but check back for fun updates.

So naturally, I've been really tired and my nausea is definitely not as intense as it had been with my pre-natal vitamins, but everybodys advice was fabulous- I'm on Gummy Vitamins which are great, and thats helped some.
So forth of July happened and it was a fun day with BBQ, which actually tasted delicious-I've been craving hamburgers often! We had a lot of my family here and a bunch of fireworks that made the night memorable.
 After that we went up to Warden, WA, for Russell's side family reunion.  We tented it in our new tent, which felt so luxuriously large when compared to our little dome tent we've had for years.  You can barely kneel in the dome tent to get your clothes on and since we're pregnant, Russell felt very strong about getting tent that could fit a family of 10 :)  We love it though, we can stand up to dress...what an amazing experience.

detroit lake, or
Later on the next week we went camping at Detroit Lake, Oregon, a family spot we've been going to for 30+ years.  IT was such a welcomed change of scenery and swimming in the water was just lovely.  We had great weather and fun times with the nieces and nephews.

So last Friday the 13th- we had our last appt at Oregon Reproductive Medicine and have transferred over to our regular OBGYN at Kaiser.  But our last appt was again nothing short of amazing.  We got to see our baby and how much it's grown.   Also, we heard the whoosh sound of the heartbeat too.  The Dr took pictures and you can see it's face and where his eyes are.  It was pretty cool.  Also, the dr said that our baby was kinda sleepy and had its hands over his eyes...i rejoiced and said "we have such a fun baby, already playing peek-a-boo"- no response from the dr, but Russell and I were excited about it :)  The baby is doing well, and from the looks of everything the Dr said it is developing well.  We are 11 weeks and Thriving!!
can you see his/her face, eyes, arms...so dang cute.  

 also, one of the cutest things ever, my little nephew, who I'm just so in love with..said when I showed his mom and him the u/s picture, he said, "Bwee, your baby's cute!"  To die for...this is a pic of my nephew:
and ps, he did this pose naturally- he is just that juicy!!


6 comments:

andrea said...

That is awesome! So glad all is going well, your nephew is a cutie! When you get further along you should ask about a 3d ultrasound, we have been going to the kaiser beaverton clinic and they recently got the 3d and "tested" it out on me last week. So amazing you could see his little face in such detail haven't met him yet but I am sure in love with his precious face! I can't express enough how happy I am for you and your husband!

jenny maguire said...

Definitely do the 3D even if you have to pay out of pocket, it's so amazing! Also, got to put it out there that I ate more burgers while expecting Clara then ever before, and with out same fatigue and nausea symptoms I'm thinking you are having a girl :-)

jenny maguire said...

Definitely do the 3D even if you have to pay out of pocket, it's so amazing! Also, got to put it out there that I ate more burgers while expecting Clara then ever before, and with out same fatigue and nausea symptoms I'm thinking you are having a girl :-)

Betsy said...

Dude, it's a girl! Do you see the hamburger patty with buns downtown on that u/s pic?! Great shot! That's just my prediction, and i'm putting it down in writing:-) Glad everything is going so well! Do you get the big u/s in 7 weeks where they check everything out, or how do they do it out there?! So exciting! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I definitely would love to do 3d, and I'll be going in about 7-8 Weeks to find out the sex! But apparently I didn't even notice the"hamburger buns" down there...lol, I was laughing so hard betsy...so a girl huh? :-) brie

Nadia said...

Yay that is great news. Ditto on the hamburgers! I had those same cravings w both my girls. Get the 3d if u can. It's amazing. Love ya Brie!