Sunday, June 3, 2012

The numbers are in and......

This week has been filled with much anxiety and excitement waiting for Wednesday's 745am Pregnancy Blood work results.  I went to bed Tuesday Night completely exhausted, not having much trouble sleeping.  But with the appt the next morning- that could change our lives forever,  hanging over me, I woke up at about 230am and couldn't go back to sleep.  As I went into the Dr and got Pricked, they said they'd call me after lunch.  Well, it hit 12:01pm and I was disappointed that they hadn't called yet.  12:15, 12:30pm, and nothing.  Finally, as I was getting onto a little bus full of teachers to go out to a farm for a meeting- My first thought as we sat down, was that the Dr was going to call me right in the midst of our bus ride...well, not more than 5 minutes later at 1:45pm, Roxanne our lovely nurse called.  I answered all nonchalantly, like i wasn't getting the biggest news of our lives.  She said hi and I asked how she was- what was i thinking?...i should have said- just get tot he point..much like this post :)
Anyhow, she said, "Well, I have good news!"  I just started crying as she was informing me of my HcG Hormone numbers.  I was muffling my cries so no one else could hear.  Luckily it was loud in the bus, so I was safe.  She said that they look for my number to be between 50-100.  Mine was at 176!!  Woo HOO!  She mentioned that it was pretty high which is fantastic and could possibly mean twins, but definitely not conclusive.  I was stoked.  I could barely get through the phone call and all I wanted was to be with Russ crying together.  Unfortunately, both being at work left us to share our moment over the phone.
At this point, only 1 person noticed i was crying and she was not being intrusive at all, so none of the other 4 people knew at this point.
I called Russell and told him the good news- he barely held it together as he rushed out of his office.  For the next several minutes we sat there just crying and simultaneously thanking Heavenly Father for this amazing news!  After our phone call, I just sat there kinda stunned, overwhelmed and soooooo happy!  I thought I'd want to share the news immediately, but I didn't.  I didn't want to talk to anyone about it- I just wanted to soak it in and revel in the fact that after more than 5 years of trying to get pregnant- We finally we're able to "Make the Miracle" Happen!!!
When i got home I had to go to Young Women's and so I quickly texted our families and went to the church.  At the church, some people asked if I knew anything yet.  As much as I wanted to share the news right away, I just couldn't...I just couldn't share it quite yet.  I was still having a hard time accepting it myself and I wanted to wait till after Friday's Dr appt to "go public."  My HcG Hormone number is supposed to double every 48 hours and so after we would get that number on Friday, we'd share! 
Well, after getting pricked on Friday, they told me they'd call between 2-4pm.  No joke, at 2:01pm, Roxanne called me and cheered that she had great news!  My numbers had more than doubled and were at 453!  I was beyond THRILLED.  I couldn't believe it.  AMAZING!!  Prayers are answered!!!
In 2 weeks, we will have an ultrasound that will help us determine if there is one baby or two little babies in there...we might even be able to hear the heartbeats.  Isn't that so cool?  Holy Cow.  We're so excited!!

Even though this is exactly what we wanted, hoped, prayed, fasted and dreamed about, it has also been challenging to really accept that we are Pregnant. A Part of us doesn't want to get too happy about it because our past disappointments have taught us to put up our guard and not "put all our eggs in one basket," just in case.  However, some wise words from my sister in law, Betsy, a mother of twins ps...validated my fears and how nervous & anxious I might be feeling-but said, " Nothing you can think, say, or do, will JINX it so don't feel  like you can't get excited about it."  I just needed to hear that.  I decided last night that I was just going to be excited about this and enjoy the process.  Heavenly Father knows our  desires and hopes and fears and it's in His Hands.  We're both choosing to trust Him and enjoy the journey.  "COME WHAT MAY & LOVE IT!"
Again we can't thank you enough for your support, prayers and love through this journey!  You've have helped to make our "Miracle" Happen.  Please continue to pray to help keep these babies growing strong!  This morning I decided to take a urine Pregnancy test-just bc it would be fun to finally see a Positive.  To be honest, I was nervous.  But alas, it was a RESOUNDING positive!  Just in case you didn't get it earlier...WE'RE PREGNANT!  4 weeks and 4 days- only 248 days left:) hahaha

28 comments:

Shelly's Space said...

This is wonderful news!! Congratulations:)

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you, Stotts!!! Thank you for keeping all your adoring fans up to date. Twins maybe? We think the names Sandy and John are pretty cool - just sayin'. :) :)
We love you guys!
Sandy & Bishop

BABIES ARE SUCH A NICE WAY OF STARTING PEOPLE!

Anonymous said...

that is the best thing i have heard in a long time brie! i am so thrilled for you and russ. what a journey you have been on and now the best journey begins. congratulations times a hundred!

Amber Elizabeth said...

Hallelujah!!! :) I guess I will definitely be coming back to WA in Feb/March to see the cute baby(s)!

Brie, you are awesome. seriously.

siarra edmondso. said...

Awh! Congrats!!!

Seth T. Lyman said...

Couldn't be happier for you guys!!! 2 sets of twins in the Lyman Family would be awesome.

Seth

Kristie said...

Ryan and I were just praying for you and then I got on here to see if you had updated. I have been crying since I started reading. I just can't tell you how happy I am for you and Russell. You so deserve this and your baby/babies couldn't be sent to a better family. I love you Brie and will keep up the prayers for sure. Congratulations! xoxo!!

jenny maguire said...

YAY Brie!!!!! I am soooo thrilled for you two! I remember getting my HGC levels checked with both of my kiddos and getting so excited as they doubled every 2 days . . . definitely soak it all in and enjoy the excitement! You two have more than earned it and it's time to give thanks and celebrate! God has big plans for you!

julie said...

We are so incredibly excited for you! We'll keep praying that all goes well. Love you Brie!

Kim Walsh said...

I have had you in so many of my prayers. This is wonderful news!!! Yay!!!

Spiresfam said...

Congrats!! We are so excited for you!

DIAZ FAMILY said...

We are so excited for you guys!! Congrats!!

Tara said...

I am beyond excited for you!!! Still wiping tears from reading this!!! I hope things continue looking this good for the next few weeks! And I'm hoping for twins for you! Yay!!!!

jlthomas said...

Brie, I've been following your story and am Just do happy go you guys! Congratulations!!!! -laurie

val said...

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Agh!!!!! This is the best news ever. I'm so happy for you two. Hoping and praying here that things will continue to go smoothly. Loves!!

nancy said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!! Congratulations Brie and Russ!!!!! I am SO SO overjoyed for you right now and your sister is right, NOTHING you can say or do or feel will JINX anything! So many AMAZING things are happening inside your body right now EVERY SECOND! and that is so exciting. So exited for you to see the ultrasound...ACK i'm SO happy! Thank you for starting my day of so well! I love you Brie!!

amanda said...

This is the best news, what an amazing blessing for you two. Can't wait to follow this exciting journey. Love ya

amanda said...

This is the best news, what an amazing blessing for you two. Can't wait to follow this exciting journey. Love ya

Holly Lujan said...

I am so happy for you!! Congratulations! Tears of joy filled my eyes for you. We will pray for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby or babies!!

Anonymous said...

Brie I am so happy for you!! You are so deserving to have this baby and we all know you and Russ will be AMAZING parents. Congratulations! I love you :)

wendy said...

YEAH! Oh we are so excited, thrilled, elated, ecstatic, crying, overjoyed, etc. etc. etc.! That is just great news. So wonderful. Hearing the heartbeat for the first time was always my favorite thing about the checkups. We love you and are so excited for your growing family!

lynnette stott ward said...

over the moon happy for your two (maybe four) - lv u so much

Cody H said...

Yay! So happy for you guys! Congrats!

Star said...

Yippee!!! Thanks for the fabulous post, I laughed and cried, you really rock at capturing moments and sharing them beautifully! Love your stinkin' guts mommy-to-be, and daddy of course!

Charmayne said...

So very thrilled for you guys! CONGRATS.

Kirsten said...

So happy for you guys!! I hope you have triplets! Wouldn't that be so fun?! :) Can't wait to hear how the ultra sound goes! Take it easy and enjoy the good news!

dacia said...

Yeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!!!! Enjoy the journey...

Harward said...

Awesome News!!! Congrats! So thrilled that it worked for you too!!!! Joy overflowing!