Sunday, June 10, 2012

Climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro

I'm finished with work for the Summer!!  Woo Hoo.  My last day with students was Wednesday and Thursday we cleaned and organized our classroom and packed it up for the summer~ what great timing, right? 
I'm ready to relax and focus on growing this baby-maybe babies :)

Russell and I had a great few days together as he took off Friday to celebrate my upcoming birthday.  He had a whole day planned that included some shopping, eating out, movie, dessert, etc...however, I've really started to notice how exhausted I am.  As we drove to go shopping, I had to take a little cat nap so that i could make it the rest of the drive.  When Shopping, which I normally enjoy for a couple hours, I barely made it to 2 stores before I just needed to rest and then I decided to go rest in the car.  Took another little nap on the way to the restaurant and then couldn't imagine going to an 8pm movie because I was just flat out tired.  It is the weirdest thing- the tiredness completely overwhelms me and I have to lay down.  I've never experienced this before.  I've ran 1/2 marathons, worked 14 hour days, and stayed up all night and none of those experiences has ever left me exhausted the way growing a baby has.  It's completely amazing to me! My sister alway said when she was pregnant that while others were just sitting around, her body was climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro- so that's what i figure my body is doing.  So needless to say, I've been a little tired and not much else has happened.  But my lovely husband has really taken care of me and helped me to really relax and take it easy.

However, one little accomplishment this week- I've always wanted to read "What to expect when you're expecting" but never wanted to buy or read it until I was "expecting," makes sense...Well, I finally got to buy it and it has been fun to read about the baby, good/bad foods, whats happening at each week etc.



We have an exciting Dr appt coming up Friday where we hope to see how many babies are growing-1 or 2, and possibly hear the heartbeat.  Crazy, right?  We're so anxious and excited for Friday!  Thank you for all the lovely comments and well wishes on our blog and FB about our news!  We appreciate your prayers so much. 
We're interested in what you think- one or two babies?  leave a comment and let us know what you think, if you'd like :)just because its kinda fun to speculate.

12 comments:

Kristie said...

oh man! the tiredness was actually one of my favorite things about pregnancy (and honestly, the list wasn't very long). I loved that a shower would wipe me out for a couple hours. I loved that when I sat on the couch for any reason, I would suddenly wake up after a truly satisfying nap. Normally, I can't fall asleep during the day under any circumstances, so I really enjoyed the ability to doze off at any given moment. So glad you get to experience all of this finally, Brie! You have a good man, too, which makes it all the better. I love you and we are continuing to pray for you. xoxo
p.s. 2 for sure!! a boy and a really, really pretty girl. :)

byumomof4 said...

Jaela is 11 and the tiredness never went away! Such a out of control exciting time for you- 2 for sure!...can it be more than 2?

Seth T. Lyman said...

The sequel to that book is good too, it's called "What to expect when you're expecting to expect to expect to expect when you're expecting to expect II".

Anonymous said...

I hope it's two babies! I don't want to see you and Russ duking it out during sacrament meeting over who gets to hold the baby; it just wouldn't be pretty. Maybe it'll be three, so I can hold one and practice being a grandma someday. Hmmm. . . I like the sound of that.

Sue said...

Not to frighten you, but I do know someone who transfered two embryos and one of them split so they are having triplets! The chances of that are quite small, so my real prediction is two babies, but wouldn't that be awesome? You're in for a ride either way! And I loved being pregnant, just be glad that if you do get sick, that part will be in the summer and not when you have to get up early for work every morning! Still just so reebok pumped for you guys!!!

julie said...

I am so happy for you guys. I am betting on two. Use this time to relax and take it easy. I hope that being tired is your worst sympton and you don't get sick. You will be the cutest mommy. After the baby/babies get here, you'll have to come to Hawaii and visit. Does your mom still live there? Love ya Brie! You are continually in our prayers.

nancy said...

Brie! First of all, i love you. we don't say it enough. Second, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Third, I am just SO SO thrilled for you and Russ to have the seriously like none other experience of being pregnant (yes, Russ experiences it too!) i love that you marvel in the tiredness...that you really think about what your body is doing, cause it is so amazing! i think about that too...when i'm tired I just say to myself "i am CREATING another human right now, i can have a break" haha. Also, so exciting to read books about baby, but What to Expect was not my fav cause of ALL the crazy things that could possibly (very low probability) happen to your baby...it made me paranoid...i am a paranoid pregger anyways, so i just had to skip over the "bad" stuff..you might enjoy learning about everything and have a great experience! i'm sure you will! and i'm gonna go against what everyone else says and guess that you will have one truly amazing little boy who will light up your life and be a great older brother! Either way I'm just so stoked for you guys!

lynnette stott ward said...

if have no guess, but i do have tears of joy in my eye each time i think of you and russell adn this amazing miracle growing inside of you - love you both so much

Your Mom said...

Being pregnant is such hard work. You're amazing!! Love you guys!!

Emily Donna said...

I'm so excited.for you guys! Good luck today!

Emily Donna said...

I'm so excited.for you guys! Good luck today!

Climb Kilimanjaro Routes said...

Get a bouncing one.

6 KEYS TO CHOOSING MT KILIMANJARO CLIMBING ROUTE
To choose the right Kilimanjaro Climb route for you, there are plenty of variables to be mindful of.
Who: Who is climbing? The whole group's abilities must be factored into choosing a route. The rest of the party is relying on your decision. Pick a route that best fits everyone.
What: What limitations surround your climb? Are you bound by a budget? Or the number of days on your trip? There are cheap/expensive routes, and short/long itineraries.
How: How do you see your trek? Do you want the most challenging route or a less strenuous one? These answers will affect which route is for you.
Where: Where do you want to begin your climb? The routes start from all sides of the mountain. Where you begin affects cost, scenery and scenic variety.
Why: Why are you climbing? Is it very important to summit? Then choose a route with a high success rate. Do you want to take the best photos? Then pick the most scenic route.
When: If you are climbing during the dry season, great. But if you are climbing during the rainy season or the shoulder seasons, then the route you select can play into the climb's difficulty.
So Which is the best route to use to climb up kilimanjaro? Lemosho Route and Rongai Route are the most scenic routes up kilimanjaro. Mt Kilimanjaro Machame route is also a scenic and very popular route with many climbers.
The Marangu Route Climb is however the most used route since it has the advantage of sleeping in huts with bunker beds, hot showers, beverages and beers in the evenings are also available. Marangu is also the shorter route and can be done in 5 days although an extra day for acclimatisation is recommended.