Sunday, October 14, 2012

Delicate Times at Preschool

Today is our 7 year anniversary!!  It's hard to imagine that we started on our journey so many years ago but we feel lucky to have been on this crazy adventure together.  Every year I look forward to receiving a thoughtful card from Russ.  He has a knack for picking out the sappiest yet perfectly, eloquently stated cards for the stage we're in.  This year didn't disappoint!  Just a little excerpt from the inside of the card stated sweetly, ..." The best part is staying in love- through the changes, the challenges and the sweet surprises of life that bring us closer every year...:" It just seemed to capture all the ups and downs of our ride this past year and has definitely brought us closer! Happy Day of Love to us :)


Ok, onto Baby news...This week we'll be 24 weeks, 6 months..  I have a Dr appt tomorrow morning.  It seems amazing that we're this far along, but its true.  Landon is an active little guy who specializes in back flips and karate chops to my upper and lower abdomen  Although it sounds rough :), I love to feel him dancing along in there, its an amazing feeling.  I keep trying to capture the moment when he is moving so Russ can feel him, but to no avail.  I don't think  his kicks and flips are that intense to where an outsider can feel them quite yet..but I imagine it will be happening soon, Russell is getting anxious to feel him.
Landon is excited about meeting Russell too because the other night I was laying down after eating something delicious, probably ice cream- a favorite of mine these days,while Russ was talking-Landon was moving all around.  Russell decided to run to the store and as soon as he left, he stopped moving- 15 minutes later when he got back, and heard Russell's voice, he was dancing all around again. Kinda fun to think about them playing, talking, laughing, and wrestling together.
Week 23 + 4 days ( not sure what the left arm is doing but I feel cuter with it on my hip :))
On to a lovely pregnancy story that perhaps I should be totally ashamed of and never speak of, but knowing me, I can't NOT ( like that double negative) tell this story when so many others might have been in the same predicament.  So as you know, I teach Preschool, ages 3-5, a delicate time for leaving mom and dad, experiencing new things, and falling back into old habits like that of peeing your pants.  So as teachers we ask the families to bring a ziploc bag with a change of extra clothes, just in case an "accident" happens.  Little did I know that 32 is a delicate age, for falling back into old habits too, if you're pregnant.
Last Friday- six of my 20 students were out and so low numbers made for an easy going day.  As we sat down for breakfast, I was chatting it up with the kiddos at my table and felt a sneeze come on.  I covered my mouth and kept chatting, then a 2nd sneeze snuck up on me and before I knew what happened, I had sneezed and simultaneously peed myself.  I could not believe it. Did I really just pee my pants at preschool?  I started laughing and my asst teacher looked at me and said what?  I mouthed to her that I might have just peed my pants, and she about lost it.  I think my revelation caught her by surprise.  I calmly excused myself, took my  sweatshirt with me and went to the restroom.  It was confirmed.  I totally peed and the evidence on my pants was clear.  Good thing I had my trusty sweatshirt, I quickly tied it around my waist and laughed my way back to the classroom.
I sat back down with my students whereupon I was challenged by one my kids that asked suspiciously, "Ms. Brie, why do you have your sweatshirt tied like that?"  He called me out right there!  Caught off guard I responded with, "Uh, well if i get really cold, I don't have to go far to get my sweatshirt bc its right here."  I could tell he was a little unsatisfied with the response, but thankfully he dropped the subject as soon as I started talking about the rain outside.
I kept laughing at the surprise of my incontinence whilst being pregnant   Luckily, I was able to leave my class with my 2 super assistants and run home to change.  I guess I have learned that regardless of age, I too, must bring a ziploc bag of extra clothes to school just in case of an "'accident." Good times! I can't be alone in this...please, someone else confirm & chalk this lovely mishap up to a "pregnancy whoops!"

Just a little side note, We bought a dresser/changing table from IKEA that Russell put together today and I got to organize where all our diapers wipes, and clothes went.  So fun, I can really tell that i am "nesting"-  I've been organizing, downsizing, and cleaning so much!
Not completely organized, but its kinda exciting...our first piece of furniture that we've bought. 




11 comments:

jenny maguire said...

You are hilarious, Brie!!! Wait til you push Landon out and everything stretches and relaxes a little bit down there and then see what happens when you sneeze, lol! Not saying I know from experience . . . ;-p Gotta love motherhood - you are just in the early stages of indoctrination - it gets wonderfully messier after the baby arrives. Good thing you've got such a great sense of humor! You'll need it! :-)

Anonymous said...

Omg I laughed so hard at this! After having 3 8lb+ babies I still have to cross my legs to sneeze or cough! Sorry girl it doesn't get better! Lol I love reading your blogs! :)

Sue said...

I love it, Brie! You are so funny. Good times!

Seth T. Lyman said...

Eat the eggs!!

Anonymous said...

We have a family saying, "Squeeze before you sneeze!" ;) Pregnancy is messy but awesome and amazing!!

Natalie H

Tara said...

A few months ago I peed my pants at work when I was about 28 weeks along. I always tried to pee BEFORE vomiting, but sometimes there just isn't time! I'm glad we're together in this!

Tara said...

A few months ago I peed my pants at work when I was about 28 weeks along. I always tried to pee BEFORE vomiting, but sometimes there just isn't time! I'm glad we're together in this!

Your Mom said...

I went to SkyZone (a warehouse full of trampolines)....and peed myself 4 times. :) Happy to have you in the club!

Kelsey K. Hartley said...

You're definitely not alone!

jenny maguire said...

Tara jarred my memory about the terrible vomiting/peeing pregnancy incident I had after jumping up out of bed around 4AM not being able to decide which end to put on the pot first! So it was decided for me, vomit in, pee out and it confirmed that my husband was a keeper when it was time to clean up :-)

Anna Larrison said...

Oh Brie! This story made me laugh. So happy I fell upon your blog :) Just wait until AFTER pregnancy... It's 100 times worse! :)