Sunday, April 22, 2012

I AM NOT A COW!

IVF CARNIVAL FUNDRAISER: SATURDAY, APRIL 28TH, FROM 2-5PM @ THE FISHER'S LANDING GRANGE HALL~ 814 NE 162ND AVE  VANCOUVER, WA!

 Monday was kind of overwhelming! We had our "injections training" class and although I was stoked to see Russ during the daylight hours, which rarely happens, the class itself made me a little nervous! We got into the room and were greeted with 7 other couples who all looked as doe-eyed and nervous as I did.  My first instinct was to sit down and get better acquainted with all the couples and learn how each of them got to this step or phase in their life.  I wanted to chat with them and pretend that we were new friends meeting for some yummy desserts and not for the reason which we were really there. However, there was no fraternizing, we got right down to business and learned about the different medications, dosage and what to expect.
 I was just a little overwhelmed, wanting to make sure that I would mix the right meds and inject the correct dosage...and I say that I was overwhelmed because Russell, who grew up on a dairy farm, has reminded me that he grew up mixing meds for the cows as well as injecting the cows with these meds, so its just not as "scary" for him. I do have to remind him that I am not a cow carrying an extra 2,000 lbs on 4 feet or have the same "hide" thickness of a Bos primigenius taurus,I am much  more sensitive & probably not as forgiving as a cow would be :).  However, it is reassuring that he does have some experience~ which will be helpful a 1/3 of the time since he'll only be able to help me with 1 of the 3 injections each day.  I better cowboy up real soon.
Anyway, back to the training.  My favorite part of the evening was the actual injecting part.  We got these round, skin color, somewhat flabby discs that were supposed mimic our stomachs, point of injection~ it's weird that I didn't get a "washboard" disc, because I'm thinking that would have resembled my stomach much more than a flabby disc :) but whatever!
It was good to practice our form and how to inject properly as to get all the medication into our bodies-I left there feeling somewhat confident in my abilities, but out of sorts.  After we left, Russell went back to work and I went home, still  feeling out of sorts.  Finally, after talking to my mom briefly, I was able to connect with what I was feeling~which surprisingly, was anger.  Something I have definitely felt along this 5 year journey, but different than the hopeful & positive mentality that I try to maintain. 
 I know that some friends/family that have to do injections several times a day for their own medical conditions  felt similar at the beginning of their new way of life...and although, unlike them, I'm only doing shots for a brief moment of time, I felt angry that I have to "go through all of this to help make our dream come true.  Pubescent kids have figured how to get pregnant, why can't we?"
 And although, I felt reassurance that I would be fine by the next day, and I would be okay with the shots after a few days and that I am totally grateful for our "journey"~ at that time, Monday Night, I just needed to allow myself to feel angry and give myself permission to be mad.  I'm not trying to kid myself, this is an emotional journey and I've realized that I am not always going to be happy or positive throughout the process, but I've also learned that I have to take time to breath and to feel!  I'm grateful for those people in my life who just validate me and let me get things off my chest.  I heart you!!  So Cheers to injections!! :)
When I am not thinking about injections I am thinking about the CARNIVAL- THE CARNIVAL FUNDRAISER is in 6 DAYS! & its going to be great!  Thank you to all those who have made it possible!  We can never thank you enough!

This SATURDAY, APRIL 28TH, FROM 2-5PM @ THE FISHER'S LANDING GRANGE HALL~ 814 NE 162ND AVE  VANCOUVER, WA!  

PLEASE COME SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR NATIONAL INFERTILITY AWARENESS WEEK, RAISE IVF FUNDS, & EAT SOME YUMMY FOOD, PLAY SOME GAMES, WIN GREAT DOOR PRIZES, AND BUY UNIQUE ARTS/CRAFTS AND GOODS!

We put up our sign at the Grange Hall~ a big Thank you to Jeff Hartup for the beautiful signs and Sandi Lyman for the great logo!   Also, just a few more Auction items and lovely things to buy!!
proud lady
The Fisher's Landing Grange Hall~ where the fun will happen!


Brand new Galaxy Nexus Samsung-Verizon

Hand Knitted Stockings

Handmade NW Wood Cutting board

Locally Grown Wood~Baby Cradle

Collection of Angels

Handmade Purse/totes


Hand Knitted Stocking Hats

Locally Made Cozy Mini blanket & Reg blanket

Fairy on Roller skates Blanket

Onesie with Christmas ruffles

Onesie with Leopard Ruffles and flower

Newborn "Cowgirl" onesie...just add boots

Original Handmade Party hats

Unique handmade earrings

Baby beaded bracelets

Raised Bed Hand Stitched Quilt

 


2 comments:

Sue said...

I remember the angry feelings also! But, yes, let yourself feel the many many different emotions... Especially love, which will be overwhelmingly there at the carnival!! You have some awesome stuff, I wish we lived closer! Good luck with everything!! Love ya.

nancy said...

oh my brie, you are amazing!! i'm so glad to hear you have amazing people in your life you can talk to and share your feelings with, that you are right, are SO important to feel! i LOVE reading your blog...you are inspiring and real and such a RAD person i love you!!!